I live in downtown Toronto and today I quite literally stumbled upon the set of José Padilha’s RoboCop remake. I got up close and personal with the new motorcycle (that was revealed in previous set photos) and it really does look a lot better in person. I also watched one scene that involved the stuntman in the RoboCop suit ripping up an alley on the bike, stopping just before a street lined with interesting-looking taxis.
I also chatted with a crew member who shared this info with me (as Queen Douche Nikki Finke would say, “Exclusive”):
- The budget is closer to $150 million
- Despite all the pre-production problems and clashes with the studio, it’s a very friendly set (no drama or BS)
- The blue and red lights emitting from the motorcycle (which were quite bright) will be enhanced even further in post
- More of RoboCop’s visor may end up being red
- They will probably be filming in New York as well
- Motorcycle is a Kawasaki
A “reimagining” of Paul Verhoeven’s 1987 classic, the film centers on a fatally wounded cop (Joel Kinnaman) who returns to the force as a powerful cyborg with submerged memories haunting him. Gary Oldman, Michael Keaton, Samuel L. Jackson, Abbie Cornish, Jackie Earle Haley, Michael K. Williams, Jay Baruchel, Jennifer Ehle, and Marianne Jean-Baptiste co-star.
I took these award-worthy photographs:
[non-watermarked photos via FashionMag24/7 (because everyone who reads that is interested in RoboCop…)]